To reassure you all that Appetite for Engineering will be a Covid-19 safe event, we are sharing some relevant MTC Events information on the measures that are currently in place for visitors.
Safety is of paramount importance and we would ask that in all instances that you find yourself unseated, for example, walking around communal areas and going to and from restrooms, and also whilst in crowded spaces, please wear a suitable face covering.
• A temperature monitoring station is located at reception, we request that colleagues and visitors undertake a temperature test upon arrival.
• To support the NHS Test and Trace programme, all delegates attending a meeting or event are strongly encouraged to check in to the venue on the NHS Test and Trace app on arrival. The venue QR code will be located at reception and can also be found throughout the venue.
• We have provided specially made sanitising stations at primary locations around the venue should you need to sanitise your hands, clean personal items or luggage.
• For increased confidence, we will be maintaining a reduced capacity in all of our meeting rooms, this will be reviewed on a regular basis.
• The Auditorium will have Bespoke chair covers have been installed in the Auditorium to encourage delegates to maintain space between them and others where possible.
• Refreshments will still be available:
– Tea and coffee (individually packaged teabags and bean-to-cup coffee)
– Biscuits will be individually wrapped
– Still and sparkling mineral water is now packaged in recyclable cans
• The coffee machines and water dispensing taps will be cleaned using virucidal cleaner at regular intervals by our Events team. There will also be sanitising wipes for delegates to clean touchpoints and hand sanitiser is provided at service points for increased confidence
• All soft furnishings and table surfaces will be sanitised between use. Additionally, all seating areas have been equipped with specially designed flip cards that help identify surfaces that require disinfection. ‘Green’ denotes that the seating and tables are sanitised and safe to use, whilst ‘Red’ denotes that the table requires cleaning.
• We have implemented strict cleaning procedures to ensure client safety and effective sanitisation of the venue, this includes electrostatic spraying of meeting rooms after each use and regular anti-viral ULV fogging.
• Bipolar ionisers has recently been installed to all the large ventilation plant. This technology charges the air with ions that kill bacteria including COVID-19, where natural ventilation isn't available.
• As part of its ongoing Covid-19 response, the MTC has adopted a bespoke events app made for MTC Events, which enables it to capture delegate information through a simple online form that each delegate is asked to complete ahead of the event. Every delegate will be sent a notification 24-hours prior to arrival, asking them to submit either a lateral flow test result, or complete a health declaration prior to visiting our venue. Following submission of a negative lateral flow test or meeting the required criteria on the health declaration, delegates will be issued a QR code which will act as their entrance pass into the venue.