We collect information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms, email hyperlinks and every time you email us your details.
Information we may hold about you
– Information you’ve provided to us, including our websites
– Information about products and services you’ve ordered or enquired about
– Information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
– Information about your interaction with adverts and services such as registration, comments
– Information we collect using cookies stored on your device (for example, this may be a PC, phone or tablet) about your use of our site. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see our cookies notice below.
– Your IP address, this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device and is required for your device to communicate with websites
– Technical information from your device relating to the service you receive
– Information relating to the location of the device you use to access our Site.
Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Use of personal information
By using this Site, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the Site services and developing our business which shall include (without limitation):
– Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the Site)
– Personalising your visits to the Site and developing the design and style of the Site to improve the services provided to you
– Informing you about the latest changes to the Site, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting
– Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities
– Enabling you to share our content with others e.g. using our Email a friend and Share this article facilities
– Informing you if you have been successful in any Site competitions or promotions
– Compiling customer reviews
– Conducting market research
– Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis
According to your preferences, communicating (and personalising such communication) with you:
– To send you periodic newsletters about your chosen services
– To send you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone or email or SMS about us and our business partners’ products and services, events and special offers, including where applicable, for a reasonable time after you have ceased to be a reader of ours
– To provide you with personalised services, such as providing with you with viewing recommendations and tailored advertising. This includes where we have agreement to store information about you on the devices you use, for example to make some of the adverts you see more relevant to you
– To provide you with location based services such as weather information based on your location
We may share your personal information with other companies within the IML Group of companies
Subject to obtaining your consent, we may also supply personal information about you to third parties
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business.
From time to time we would like to be able to pass your information to carefully selected third parties that offer products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. By entering into an agreement with us when you registered with us or submitted your data for access to exclusive content, you have consented to this use of your data. You can opt out by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the direct marketing/newsletter emails from us. You can opt out of marketing text messages replying ‘STOP’. Or you can contact our Data Manager at Privacy@IMLGroup.co.uk.
We will only disclose data to Business Partners, Government Bodies and Law Enforcement Agencies and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.
Subject access requests
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at Data Manager, IML Group Ltd, Blair House, 184-186 High Street, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1BQ. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of up to £10 for any such request.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note however that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
The links below take you to the help sections for each of the major browsers, that will tell you how you can manage your cookies:
Safari OS X