We are delighted to announce that nominations are now open for entry into the annual Food Processing Awards, which were created to acknowledge and recognise companies involved in the food and beverage industry for engineering excellence and innovation.
This year the award ceremony will be held on the evening of the annual Appetite for Engineering event on 17th October. The Awards will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Coventry.
The Food Processing Awards 2019 categories are:
- Robotics & Automation solution or project (Sponsorship available)
- Lean / Continuous Improvement solution or project (Sponsored by SMC)
- Young Engineer of the Year (Sponsored by Festo)
- Lifetime Achievement (Sponsored by Food Processing magazine)
- Hygiene & Food Safety solution or project (Sponsorship available)
- Process & Packaging solution or project (Sponsorship available)
- Skills & development (Sponsorship available)
- Smart / Digital Technology solution or project (Sponsorship available)
- Environmental / Sustainability solution or project (Sponsorship available).
Last year’s winning technologies included OAL’s April Eye which eliminates human error on the packing line by combining artificial intelligence with machine vision to read back date codes; VEGA’s PLICSCOM with Bluetooth, a pluggable display and adjustment module for its plics sensors; GEA’s OxyCheck, a non-invasive in-line quality assurance system which can check the oxygen content and seal integrity of every Modified Atmosphere Pack (MAP); and Fulton Boilers’ PURE Technology steam boiler.
Nominating a company or person is easy and a company can nominate themselves or others. We need:
- Contact name, address, phone number and email of nominee and category.
- Details about the nominated product/application/technology/person. (and high-resolution image where possible).
- Brief statement about the potential impact of the nomination for the food and beverage processing sector
- Brief evidence or customer recommendations about the benefits – if applicable.
Nominations should be sent to the editor of Food Processing – Suzanne.email@example.com – before 2nd August. After this date we will be presenting the final nominations to the readers of Food Processing for consideration.